- Robin’s Newsletter #146 04/04/2021
The long-tail of ransomware recovery. PHP source code compromise. Exploiting 'safe' file formats. Risk margins and early risk management decisions.
- Robin’s Newsletter #145 28/03/2021
FatFace IR comms 'confidential' while loosing 200GB data. Cyber insurer CNA may have been targeted for policy info. OSINT on the Ever Given.
- Robin’s Newsletter #138 07/02/2021
SolarWinds caught up in second campaign against U.S. gov tied to China. Plus an interview with a ransomware operator and Canada declares Clearview AI is 'illegal'.
- Robin’s Newsletter #125 08/11/2020
Nothing cyber happened in the US election. Corporate VOIP systems being targeted. Don't pay ransomware gangs to not leak your data.
- Robin’s Newsletter #123 25/10/2020
DOJ charges Fancy Bear, Doubts over Trump's Twitter password, and digital dilemmas for charity donations.
- Robin’s Newsletter #121 11/10/2020
Integrity in the UK Test & Trace scheme; ransomware attacks up 50%; a different type of lock-down.
- Robin’s Newsletter #120 04/10/2020
US Treasury issues advisory over ransomware payments; Huawei code quality still really bad; and Singapore's consumer security labels.
- Robin’s Newsletter #118 20/09/2020
Domain admin for EVERYONE! APT41/Winnti charged for cyber-espionage and activities against computer games companies. First death leading directly from cyber-attack :-(
- Robin’s Newsletter #115 30/08/2020
Attempted $1M bribe of Tesla employee in ransomware campaign. NZX trading suspended for four days due to DDOS. Supply and demand in security budgets.
- Robin’s Newsletter #111 02/08/2020
Ransomware payments encourage more ransomware attacks. EU cyber sanctions. Three charged in Twitter crypto-scam.
- Robin’s Newsletter #110 26/07/2020
Garmin 'ran somewhere.' UK Test & Trace doesn't have a DPIA. Emotet serving up Hackerman memes.
- Robins Newsletter #103 07/06/2020
REvil launch auction site, while Maze and LockBit team up to pool resources, know-how. Plus inside a BEC scam and DROP DATABASE tickets.
- Robins Newsletter #100 17/05/2020
Pricing cyber risk from external data, attack on 'UK electricity system' and mining crypocurrency with supercomputers
- Robins Newsletter #99 10/05/2020
Contact tracing apps, password reuse stats, law firm ransomware, and the integrity of systems
- Robins Newsletter #98 03/05/2020
Mobile device management as a vector, turning antivirus against itself and ransomware's long game
- Robin's Newsletter #85 02/02/2020
Jumpshot reminds us security isn't privacy; whopping REvil ransom demands; and keep calm/cary on for DPOs.